This is a journal of experiences using the therapeutic benefits of expressive art. I’m deeply grateful for the opportunity to have trained with Laurie Zagon; Founder/Director for Art and Creativity For Healing, her unique methods have benefited thousands!

June 27, 2011

Petal by petal


Class Assignment- "My Journey from Darkness to Light
Collage -Using old magazines and a glue stick.

Our assignment; choose one color and create a collage depicting the transition of change in our personal life. I picked red. Using the one color theme, I created a progression of darker reds that moved from the center.... outward. I wanted to make a flower to represent the idea of a new beginning. Instead of using scissors, my paper was torn to give it an uneven edge.

God is the only one I know who can take the darkness of our life and transform it into something beautiful. It takes time to grow and heal, like a lovely rose that opens gracefully one petal at a time until it is fully boomed. May the fragrance of the "ONE who redeemed me from an eternity of darkness"......linger long after I've faded away.


No comments:

Post a Comment